ENTERPRISE LABOR MODEL™
Optimizing store performance, without sacrificing customer service, requires knowledge and understanding of your labor requirements. Enterprise Labor Model™ (ELM™), the nucleus of our comprehensive labor planning and execution management system, gives you complete insight into your true labor requirements and costs based on your unique go-to-market strategy.
ELM™ SERVES AS A COMPLETE DATA REPOSITORY
ELM™ is the complete repository for all data required to understand, analyze and plan your labor.
Data populated and maintained in the labor model includes:
- Engineered Labor Standards – complete library of industry specific standards that may be integrated with existing standards or tailored to specific preferred work methods.
- Organizational structure – managing relationships between sub-departments, departments, stores, zones, areas and regions.
- Custom relationships, such as groupings of stores and departments into like clusters.
- Fiscal and planning calendars.
- Unique store and department characteristics.
- Daily sales, items and case movement.
- Department and category shrink.
- Average hourly rate.
- Staffing rules – minimum coverage, service levels, rounding rules and job ratios.
- Adjustments – accounting for work content not measured within the labor standards (promotional events, remodels, inventory, seasonal activity or management discretion)
- UPC Management – manage product information including Volume Group and Unit of Measure assignments
ELM™ SUPPORTS EFFECTIVE DATING
ELM™ supports the effective dating of time-sensitive parameters, such as store opening and closing, store and department characteristics, engineered labor standards and shrink. Effective dating allows you to analyze the impact of changes in these parameters on your dynamic organization.
ELM™ INTEGRATES SEAMLESSLY
ELM™ leverages your existing investments in workforce planning by integrating seamlessly with your internal or third party budgeting and planning tools.
This post is also available in: Spanish