FOOD SAFETY COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) data for 2011, the total burden of disease due to contaminated food consumed in the United States is 47.8 million illnesses, 127,839 hospitalizations, and 3,037 deaths. Results of the 2009 International Food Information Council Foundation Food & Health Survey indicate that more than half of Americans perceive foodborne illness from bacteria as the most important food safety issue today.
Food service organizations including grocery retailers and restaurants have adopted food safety Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) programs. Logile’s Food Safety Compliance Management (FSCM) system complements these programs by helping companies with the related automation, training, utilization, measurement, reporting and compliance.
Our collaboration with Logile, beginning with our deployment of the company’s Enterprise Labor Modeling solution and continuing with our implementation of its Execution and Compliance management solution, has yielded tremendous benefits for us in both corporate planning and store level execution. Based on our successful track record, we are expanding our engagement to deliver new capabilities in the areas of food safety compliance and customer satisfaction and retention.
FSCM IS HIGHLY SCALABLE & FLEXIBLE
Logile’s Food Safety Compliance Management system provides:
- A highly scalable enterprise software solution that can be installed in companies’ data centers or hosted by Logile on a subscription basis (Software as a Service, SaaS).
- Immediate use of new features and enhancements as there is no software to download or manage onto mobile devices.
- Flexibility to use the solution on any web enabled mobile devices including ruggedized handhelds (e.g. Honeywell® and Motorola®) and consumer grade tablets and phones running Apple®, Android® and Windows® mobile operating systems.
- Various methods to input hot and cold temperature readings using wired or wireless temperature probes and infrared devices.
- Ability to take and attach photos that could be used to illustrate compliance or conditions that require attention.
- On demand access or delivery of up to date training aids (documents, PDFs, photos, video) to educate and reinforce proper work methods.
AMAZING CENTRALIZED ADMINISTRATION
FSCM centralized administration provides corporate food safety leaders the ability to:
- Leverage Logile’s existing library of Food Safety methods and reviews
- Import existing or create new company methods and reviews
- Tailor methods and reviews to specific regions, stores/restaurants, departments and end users
- Establish reminders, out of compliance rules and thresholds, alerts, escalations, required corrective actions, scoring and more
- Create report templates (e.g., out-of-compliance exceptions, detailed execution history and snapshot summaries), set delivery method and frequency, and archive for auditing purposes.
FSCM IS EFFICIENT & INTEGRATES SEAMLESSLY
FSCM improves efficiency through the elimination of time consuming paper based checklists and temperature recording logs that must be completed and filed. It also provides seamless integration with existing business systems and workflows (e.g., product recall, customer incident reporting and facility maintenance).
This post is also available in: Spanish